Well-Kept secrets: Swiss wines to seek out
While Swiss food and drink is often dominated by topics such as chocolate and cheese, when it comes to Swiss wine there is also a lot to shout about. Only 1% of Swiss wines are actually exported so you’re unlikely to have stumbled across a bottle in your local supermarket or on a regular restaurant menu. When most of us think of wine we might go straight to French or Australian vineyards. However, Swiss wines have a lot to offer – and it’s partly because the Swiss are so reluctant to export them that they have remained such a well kept secret.
A bona fide wine growing region
Despite the fa...
Date Advice: Our top ten date tips
Whether you’re relatively used to dating or trying it out with no prior experience that first date can be nerve-wracking. These are our top ten tips for making sure you have a great time.
1. Ask for a date sooner than later. According to research, if you wait longer than 23 days from an initial online interaction then you may have built up unrealistic expectations that your date will have a difficult time meeting.
2. Be safe. If there’s anything that makes you feel uncertain about this person then listen to your instincts and back off a little. You can take precautions for the date itself, such as...
Take part in one of our new interactive cocktail and ice carving workshops led by drinks expert Zoran Peric. The workshops, which include an ice carving demo and three contemporary cocktails, are priced at £50pp for two hours and are bookable for groups of six up to 10. For further info & to make a booking please call 020 3995 7500 or email email@example.com.
12 things you absolutely have to fondue
The fondue is an essential culinary experience, whether you’re a fan of traditional cheese, hot oil or something sweeter like chocolate. Whatever you choose as your base it’s a good idea to have plenty of variety when it comes to what you dip. Just in case you’re in need of a little inspiration here are 12 things that you absolutely have to fondue.
1. Cheese. It’s kind of obvious but cheese is a key component in the traditional fondue. You can make a fondue with cheddar but there are some other cheeses that will give you a richer, more indulgent taste, such as emmental and gruyere. ...
There’s no doubt that chocolate is an absolutely essential tasting experience in Switzerland. However, if you have a sweet tooth it’s not the only treat to try.
1. Gebrannte Mandeln. These are essentially deliciously sugared almonds that you can buy everywhere, from supermarkets to fairs and festivals.
2. Berliner. Not an authentically Swiss snack but widely consumed in Switzerland nevertheless. You wouldn’t be far off if you described a Berliner as a jam doughnut.
3. Bärentatzen. The name means ‘bear claws’ but these are actually delicious, ridged chocolate cookies.
4. Biberli. A small pocket sized snack made from two slices...